- Educational Qualifications:
- Ph.D. (Mathematics), Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, West bengal, India (2006).
- M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics with Oceanology and Computer Programming), Vidyasagar University, West Bengal, India (2000).
- B.Sc. (Honours in Mathematics), Midnapore College, Vidyasagar University, West Bengal, India (1998).
- Assistant Professor (May 20013 - Present), Department of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology Raipur, Raipur - 492010, Chhattisgarh, India.
- Assistant Professor (January 2012 - April 2013), Department of Mathematics, National Institute of Science and Technology, Berhampur - 761008, Odisha, India.
- Senior Lecturer (January 2006 - August 2006), School of Computer Applications, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar - 751024, India.
- Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT - Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia) Post-Doctoral fellowship, Government of Portugal in the year 2009. (January 2010 - December 2011).
- ANR Winem Project Post-Doctoral fellowship in computer lab at the University of Avignon, France in the year 2008. (March 2008 - August 2009).
- Research Associate at School of Computer Applications, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar - 751024, India (September 2007 - February 2008).
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Post-Doctoral fellowship in the School of Business and Economics, Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada in the year 2006. (Septerber 2006 - August 2007).
- Academic Honors & Awards:
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), Percentile Score: 88.25, All India Rank: 0093. Govt. of India for pursuing Research/Ph.D. in the field of Mathematics in the year 2001.
- Secured University Merit Scholarship for ranking First class 3rd in the merit list of B.Sc. Honors (Mathematics) examination, Vidyasagar University, India in the year 1998.
Current Sponsored Projects:
- Title: Analytical and Computational Studies of Some Queueing Models with Markovian Arrival Process and / or Markovian Service Process. Sponsoring Agency: CSIR, Govt. of India (2017-2020)
- Title: A Study on Inventory Management at Service Facility. Sponsoring Agency: NBHM, Govt. of India (2019-2022)
- Kousik Das (Ongoing)
- Bivas Bank (Ongoing)
- Rakesh Nandi (Thesis submitted)
* Looking for motivated students to pursue their Ph.D. work with interests in Queueing theory, Inventory systems, and Service facility management. Interested candidates may contact me along with a CV.
- In the current semester (2019-2020), I am teaching the following courses:
- Probability and Stochastic Process.
- Mathematics - II