Current Sponsored Project
1. Project Title: Advance protection to prevent zone-3 maloperation during stress system conditions
Principal Investigator: Monalisa Biswal
2. Project Title: Islanding Detection in Integrated Hybrid DG System
Sponsor: EriGrid Transnational Access
3.Project Title:Offline testing of adaptive reclosing technique for providing uninterrupted power supply to microgrid system
Sponsor: EriGrid Transanational Access
Short Term Courses Organized
1. Recent Trends in Power System & Renewable Energy-21-25 September 2016.
2. PSIM & CYME Platform for Power Electronics and Power System- 06-10 March 2017.
3. "Recent Advances in Modern Power Technologies" 12-16 January 2019.
4. "Recent Advances in Renewable Energy and Power System", First IEEE Bombay Section and NIT Raipur Sponsored STTP, 11-16 February 2019.
5. "Recent Trends in Renewable Energy and Power System", TEQIP-III Sponsored STTP, 20-24 September 2020.
1. Microgrid: Operation, Control, Monitoring and Protection, eBook ISBN: 978-981-15-1781-5, Springer Singapore, DOI:10.1007/978-981-15-1781-5.
1. “Protection Schemes for Sustainable Microgrids”, Sustainable Interdependent Networks: From Theory to Application, Springer, 2018.
2."Uninterrupted power supply to microgrid during Islanding", Handbook of Research on Smart Power System Operation and Control, IGI Global, 2019.
3. "Synchrophasor based wide area rotection scheme for system stressed conditions to avoid power system blackout". Handbook of Research on Smart Power System Operation and Control, IGI Global, 2019
4. "An integrated fault classification approach for microgrid system", Springer Lecture Series.
5. An integrated directional relaying algorithm for microgrid, Springer Lecture Series.
6. "Protection challenges with microgrid", accepted for publication in Book, Microgrid: Operation, Control, Monitoring and Protection, Springer Nature.
7."Uninterrupted power supply to microgrid", accepted for publication in Book, Microgrid: Operation, Control, Monitoring and Protection, Springer Nature.
8. "Mitigation of power system blackout with microgrid System", accepted for publication in Book, Microgrid: Operation, Control, Monitoring and Protection, Springer Nature.
9. Chapter 9: Protection System Failure and Power System Blackout, Book: Uncertainties in Modern Power Systems.
10.“A Computational Intelligence Approach for Power Quality Monitoring”, accepted for publication in the Book “Metaheuristic and Evolutionary Computation: Algorithms and Applications”. Authors: Papia Ray, Monalisa Biswal 2020.
11. Shubham Ghore, Pinku Das and Monalisa Biswal Chapter-17, “Intrinsic Time Decomposition Based Adaptive Reclosing Technique for Microgrid System” Lect. Notes Electrical Eng., Vol. 710, ArunKumar Singh and Manoj Tripathy (Eds): Control Applications in Modern Power System, 978-981-15-8814-3, 497933_1_En, 2020.
12. Ch. Durga Prasad, and Monalisa Biswal, Chapter-29, “Optimal Threshold Identification of Fault Detector Using Teaching and Learning-Based Optimization Algorithm” Lect. Notes Electrical Eng., Vol. 710, ArunKumar Singh and Manoj Tripathy (Eds): Control Applications in Modern Power System, 978-981-15-8814-3, 497933_1_En, 2020
Associate Member, The Institution of Engineers, India
Life Member of Orissa Bigyan Academy
ISTE, Life Member
Honours & Awards
- Senior Member, IEEE
- POSOCO Power System Award-2014
- Young Scientist-SERB & DST-2016
- Young Scientist Award: Chhattisgarh Young Scientist Congress-2017
- Outstanding Reviewer, Measurement Elsevier-2016
Achievement by Students:
1. Thara Jose, M.Tech, POSOCO Power System Award, 2018.
2. Sandeep Biswal, Ph.D, POSOCO Power System Award 2019.
| Sandeep Biswal
| Ruchita Nale
| Kasimala Venkatanagaraju
| Kumar Raja Andanapalli
|Ch. Durga Prasad
10 Completed, 2 Ongoing
1. On topic “Fault Analysis in Renewable Integrated Distribution Network” in the one-week online STTP on “Power Electronics Application on Distributed Power Generation System’ organized by the Government Engineering College Bharuch, Gujarat and sponsored by GUJCOST, approved by DTE/ISTE on 11th December 2020.
- Reviewer – IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery, USA
- Reviewer – IEEE Systems Journal, USA
- Reviewer-IEEE Smart Grid
- Reviewer-IET Smart Grid
- Reviewer – Journal of Electric Power Components and Systems, Taylor and Francis.
- Reviewer – International Journal of Electric Power & Energy System, Elsevier.
- Reviewer – European Transaction on Electrical Power, Wiley Publication.
- Reviewer – IET, Generation, Transmission & Distribution.
- Reviewer – Measurement, Elsevier Science.
- Program Committee Member of RDCAPE (1st International Conference on Recent Development in Control, Automation & Power Engineering-2015, 12-13 March 2015, IEEE Sponsored)
- National Advisory Committee Member, Recent Advances in Renewable Energy & Control (RAREC) 11-12th April 2015.
- Program Committee Member of CICT-2018.
- Reviewer in IEEE Conference in NIT Kurukhetra-ICEPE-2015, 12-13 June
- Program Committee Member of ICEPES-2016, NIT Bhopal
- Reviewer in IEEE Conference-NPSC-2016- IIT Bhubaneswar
- Reviewer in NPSC-2018- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu