National Institute of Technology, Raipur (NIT RR), upgraded in the year 2006, is an Institute of national importance and presently runs academic courses in 12 major disciplines in the form of graduate and post graduate courses. The institute also inducts scholars for PhD courses. In addition to these, the institute intends to provide continuing education in a very broad spectrum keeping in view the needs of industries, academic institutions, research organizations and, last but not the least, the society.
The objectives of Continuing Education Cell (CEC) can be categorically stated, as following:
- To help technical professionals in updating their skills and broadening their knowledge base.
- To upstream the existing technical qualifications of individuals, thus enabling their personal growth.
- To contribute towards the scientific and technological expansion of the nation by organizing seminars, workshops.
- To assist the industry, academic and research organizations and individuals to be globally competitive by providing training and expertise in critical areas.
Continuing Education activities:
- Short term certificate courses (domain specific, specialized topics).
- Short Term Courses, Workshops, Seminars and Conferences.
Apart from this, if CEC identifies areas of practical importance and interests, then the Cell may consult with the concerned area experts and upon receiving their willingness may schedule the course(s). In addition to technology related courses, CEC should also undertake to run courses from humanities and other relevant fields. Overall, the courses should be on topics of interest to the industry, academicians and research scholars and organizations.
These should be short term courses scheduled for specific organization or institutes and can be conducted at NIT, Raipur or at the organization site. The course proposals may be called from specific organizations and accordingly they will be tailor-made and conducted to their requirement.