About Physics Department
- To teach and learn physics in a collaborative, performance-based community and to provide the tools and skills to assist the society.
- To provide quality Scientific and Technical education, training, innovation and creativity in the areas of Pure and Applied Physics.
- To generate new knowledge by engaging in cutting-edge research and to promote academic growth by offering state-of-the-art undergraduate and doctoral programmes.
- To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and good human beings can emerge in a range of professions.
- To contribute towards the country and society through excellence in Scientific and Technical education and research.
- To serve as a mainstay in supporting research and projects of the country .
- To collaborate with other Institutions and National Laboratories to enhance the teaching and research activities.
- To achieve academic excellence and overall developments of the students to meet the national standards.
- To offer the analytical and consultancy services to the industries
- To use the knowledge of Physics for Industrial development.