About Information Technology
Established in the year 2000, Information Technology Department is the study, research and work place of 300 people from 28 states across India. About 15 professors in this department teach mainly in areas like Information Science & Technology, Computer Science & engineering, system-oriented sciences, and mathematics, etc., carry out research in their respective fields.
- To become one of the leading departments of the institute and a distinguished centre of excellence in the region. The Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology program is designed to provide its graduates a solid educational foundation on which they can build successful and sustainable career in Information Technology or a related field.
Our Mission:The mission of the Department of Information Technology is to serve the society by preparing undergraduate students for professional practice as successful engineers, by providing continuing education opportunities and by making original contributions to the art of engineering. The objective of our mission includes:
- To prepare skilled manpower in the field of information technology for next generation.
- To establish a healthy environment for industry-academy interaction for improving industrial productivity and research activity.
- To serve the society with the help of information technology
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s):
- To provide the necessary background in the field of Information Technology to deal with Engineering problems, to pursue Graduation/Research program and to excel as engineering professionals in industries.
- To develop ability among students towards innovation and entrepreneurship that caters to the need of Industry and society.
- To develop an attitude to apply the technical knowledge acquired to solve real life problems and to develop the competent workforce to carry out consultancy services to the industries and utilities.
- To develop the qualities like creativity, leadership, team work, skill, and professional ethics, thus contributing towards the growth and development of society.
- To inculcate an attitude for life- long learning process through the use of information technology sources.
Program Outcomes (PO’s):
- Graduates will have applied knowledge of different basics like Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, Computer System Architecture, Memory Organization, Data base System, Design of algorithms, Optimization Algorithms.
- Graduates have the capability to work in multidisciplinary environment and can make automation of the system to work with using programming knowledge and their backgrounds like Medical Image Processing, Wireless Networks, Robotics and Bio-Medical Problems etc.
- Graduate will demonstrate skills to use Modern Programming Languages like Python ,R, Advanced Java, Scripting Languages and Software’s tools like MATLAB, Net-Sim,NS-2,NS-3,Weka the machine learning tool
- Graduates will have an ability to find out the real time problem and solution of that problem in an optimized way.
- Graduates will have ability to design and perform experiment on latest tools and technologies of Information Technology.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design and implement simulators for hardware components using soft computing environment
- Graduates will demonstrate the knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities for the development of society.
- Graduates will have the capability to go for higher studies in India and abroad by qualifying the competitive examinations like GATE, CAT, GRE, TOFEL etc.
- Year Of Establishment :
- Year 2000
- Intake :
- Degree Offered :
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Information Technology