About Electrical Engineering
Welcome to Electrical Engineering
Vision -Electrical Engineering department aims at imparting the state of the art knowledge and skills to the students. Thus, developing them into the excellent Electrical Engineers, Entrepreneurs, Scientists, and Academicians.
Mission -The mission of the undergraduate program in Electrical Engineering is
- To provide students with a supportive environment that facilitates learning the advances in Electrical Engineering.
- To impart the state-of-the-art knowledge in the relevant field of Electrical Engineering.
- To provide excellence in learning through dedicated teaching, innovation and industrial projects.
- To imbibe self learning attitude and professional ethics.
- To prepare students to face the challenges in the area of Electrical Engineering.
Programme (B.Tech) Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- To provide the necessary background in the field of Electrical Engineering to deal with Engineering problems, to pursue PG/Research program and to excel as engineering professionals in industries.
- To develop ability among students towards innovation and entrepreneurship that caters to the need of Industry and society.
- To develop an attitude to apply the technical knowledge acquired to solve real life problems and to develop the competent workforce to carry out consultancy services to the industries and utilities.
- To develop the qualities like creativity, leadership, team work, skill, and professional ethics, thus contributing towards the growth and development of society.
- To inculcate an attitude for life- long learning process
Programme (B.Tech) Outcomes (POs):
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge and concepts of Applied Sciences and Electrical Engineering.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve problems related to Electrical Engineering.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design, perform, analyze and interpret experiments on Electrical & Electronic Circuits.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design and implement analog and digital system on Integrated Development Environment.
- Graduate will demonstrate an ability to work in multidisciplinary environment.
- Graduates will demonstrate skills to use Modern Measuring tools like power quality analyzer, digital storage oscilloscope, multimeters and calibrators in addition to Software’s like MATLAB, Labview, PSCAD, P-Sim, MiPower, and DSpace.
- Graduates will demonstrate the knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities (value education, personality development and managerial skills).
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate effectively both verbal and written communication skills.
- Graduates will show understanding towards societal issues and sustainable development.
- Graduates will develop confidence and an attitude towards lifelong learning.
- Graduates can participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE, CAT, GRE and other PSU exams.
- Year Of Establishment :
- Year 1958
- Intake :
- Under Graduate Program - 92
- Post Graduate Program - 25
- Degree Offered :
- Under Graduate Program - B.Tech. ( Electrical Engineering)
- Post Graduate Program - M.Tech. (Power System and Control)