About Central Computer Center
Central Computer Center administers and manages the network services in the Institute. Some major tasks being looked after by the center are:
- Providing internet services to the Institute.
- Email server management for employees of the Institute.
- Hosting and managing the Institute website (inhouse).
- Running all useful and essential services inhouse like naming services, file sharing services, DHCP services, internet sharing services, firewall, web application services, etc to the institute for different purposes.
- Providing the facility of Net based installation of major distribution of operating systems to the Institute like FEDORAx, Centos, Redhat, Windows etc
- Availing the different type of software to the Institute like MATLAB, ANSYS, Antivirus, SPSS, MSSQL Servers etc.
- Providing the support to the technical team of the companies visiting for campus placement of students.
- NKN (National Knowledge Network) has also been the part of CCC.
Apart from all above, CCC has been working on the following:
- Working on extending internet facility campus wide which includes wireless and wired connectivity.
- Working to implement IPv6 .
- Working on providing Campus wide EPABX system.
- Working on developing Computer center with the capacity of 400 students at a time .
Primarily we encourage the use of free and open software. Computer center, developed a software inhouse for recruitment of faculty positions using open source technologies and executed the same successfully for faculty recruitment in the Institute. That software was completely based on the MMR. It automated many tasks at applicant as well as administration side.