About Bio Medical Department
Vision :-To provide society with world-class competitive professional in Biomedical Engineering by making the Department as the best through its faculty and graduates, which is a driving force in creating engineering knowledge and novel Biomedical Technology that improve the human condition through advancement of health care and Biomedical Sciences, among the top most (top-5) in India.
Mission :-The primary mission of the BME department is to educate students to understand the human body as an integrated system through quantitative engineering analysis and to use that understanding to design better therapeutic strategies, devices, and diagnostics. A mission of nearly equal importance is to serve society by conducting research that develops quantitative linkages across scales in the human body and uses that development to build new tools to improve human health. It also includes the following points:
- Institute-Industries collaborative activities on real life problem-solution approach.
- Serve our wider constituencies by offering our expertise to other health-related professionals, industries, and state and local communities.
- Building World-Class infrastructure for cutting –edge technology research in Health care science.
- Collaborative research with Pioneers of Biomedical Engineering Societies across the Globe.
- Built some specialised Centre of Excellence for conducting research on Future Health Care Sciences and Technologies.
Programme (B. Tech) Educational Objective (PEOs) :-
- To prepare students for diverse career in engineering and allied fields
- To make them professional to apply principles of Biomedical engineering in solution of practical problems
- To impart skills of leadership as well as group work among students
- To introduce them with not only the basics but also advanced skills so that they can opt their career
- To make the graduates well skilled so that they could benefit the society through their services
- To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary Projects with the multifaceted aspects of using computers/software and thus culminating in both written and oral presentations of results
- To develop skills necessary for advanced research among the students to address multiple issues in Biomedical Engineering through project works.
Programme (B. Tech) Outcomes (POs) :-Upon graduation, we expect
- Students will have an ability to apply knowledge of anatomy, mathematics, science, and engineering to Biomedical engineering problems
- Students will able to bridge the gap between engineering in healthcare sector and medicine, thus will help in fine tuning of optimal and efficient technology supported healthcare system
- Students will have an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- Students will have an ability to function as individual, and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams (term work, practical, mini project and project)
- Students will have an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- Students will have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- Students will have an ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- Students will have an a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- Students will have knowledge of contemporary issues
- Students will have an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering and computing tools necessary for engineering practice
- Year Of Establishment :
- Intake :
- Under Graduate Program - 62
- Degree Offered :
- Under Graduate Program - B.Tech. ( Biomedical Engineering)